Finding Dory continued its massive success with $72.95 million for the top spot at the box office in what continues to be banner year for The House of Mouse. The film takes its second week atop the box office despite three high profile newcomers. Dory has already made just under $400 million worldwide and will continue adding to that total in the coming weeks. With Finding Dory, Disney has four movies in the top ten worldwide box office gross for 2016, including the top three (Captain America: Civil War, Zootopia, and The Jungle Book).
The other newcomers didn't do so terribly, especially when considering the tough competition. Coming in at the #2 spot was Independence Day: Resurgence with an estimated $41.03 million. Ryan Reynolds' better half managed to swim her way to the #4 spot with an estimated $16.8 million in The Shallows, while The Free State of Jones fought its way to the #6 spot with a dismal $7.57 million (And that's despite starring everyone's favorite handsome stoner. Could this be the end of the Mcconaissance? I hope not).
- Finding Dory $72.95 Million
- Independence Day: Resurgence $41.03 Million
- Central Intelligence $18.24 Million
- The Shallows $16.8 Million
- The Conjuring 2 $7.7 Million
- The Free State of Jones $7.57 Million
- Now You See Me 2 $5.59 Million
- X-Men: Apocalypse $2.48 Million
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows $2.46 Million
- Warcraft $2.24 Million
For the full list and more visit Boxofficemojo.com.