Ben Affleck's The Accountant claimed the top spot with an estimated $24.71 million for the weekend. Sully meanwhile is still hanging around in the top ten and has grossed an estimated $175 million worldwide. Meanwhile, Marky Mark's fantastic Deepwater Horizon has unfortunately only grossed $86.27 million on a budget of $110 million and will probably struggle to make a profit going forward.
The only other newcomer to the top ten was Kevin Hart: What Now? which finished at #3 with an estimated $11.77 million. Max Steel didn't even managed to crack the top ten and finished at #11 with a paltry 2.18 million. Next week sees the wide releases of Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween, Fox's Keeping Up with the Joneses, and Universal's Ouija: Origin of Evil. All of those movies look pretty terrible, so we'll see next week if any of them catches fire at the box office.
- The Accountant $24.71 Million
- The Girl on the Train (2016) $12.25 Million
- Kevin Hart: What Now? $11.77 Million
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children $8.96 Million
- Deepwater Horizon $6.4 Million
- Storks $5.69 Million
- The Magnificent Seven (2016) $5.24 Million
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life $4.35 Million
- Sully $2.88 Million
- The Birth of a Nation $2.75 Million
For more information please visit BoxOfficeMojo.com.