Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of Shadows managed to claim the top spot at the box office, despite looking absolutely horrid, with an estimated $35.31 million. With stiff competition coming from other summer blockbusters, and an already crowded field, expect TMNT 2 to fall precipitously going forward. The other two newcomers didn't fair as well, but also didn't have as massive a budget ($135 million) as TMNT. Me Before You managed $18.72 million in its first week, good enough for the #3 slot, while The Lonely Island vehicle Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping came in at #8 with a paltry $4.69 million
Even as Alice Through The Looking Glass has massively disappointed (finishing in at #4 with $11.31 million), The House of Mouse is still dominating 2016. Though no longer in the Top 10 Disney's Zootopia crossed the billion dollar mark worldwide while The Jungle Book (2016) finished the week at #9 with an estimated $4.44 million dollars and almost $900 million worldwide. The cherry on top is of course Captain America: Civil War, which finished at #6 with an estimated $7.82 million in its fourth weekend at the box office. Already the highest grossing movie of the year, Civil War will look to continue to add to its $1.13 billion dollar worldwide gross.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows $35.31 Million
- X-Men: Apocalypse $22.82 Million
- Me Before You $18.72 Million
- Alice Through the Looking Glass $11.31 Million
- The Angry Birds Movie $10.21 Million
- Captain America: Civil War $7.82 Million
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising $4.86 Million
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping $4.69 Million
- The Jungle Book (2016) $4.44 Million
- The Nice Guys $3.45 Million
For the full list and more visit BoxOfficeMojo.com.