Another slow weekend for the box office. Tom Hanks' Sully managed to claim the top spot this weekend with an estimated $35 million. Sully, which is a movie about a pilot who did his job and everyone lived, managed to more than double the closest competitor When the Bough Breaks which finished at #2 with $14.2 million. The only other newcomer to the top ten was The Wild Life (2016) which finished at #5 with a paltry 3.34 million. A slow weekend indeed.
Next weekend sees the openings of the Blair Witch sequel, a Bridget Jones sequel, Oliver Stone's Snowden. Maybe then the box offie will get some color back in its pallid cheeks.
- Sully $35 Million
- When the Bough Breaks $14.2 Million
- Don't Breathe $8.25 Million
- Suicide Squad $5.723 Million
- The Wild Life (2016) $3.342 Million
- Kubo and the Two Strings $3.301 Million
- Pete's Dragon (2016) $3.101 Million
- Bad Moms $2.59 Million
- Hell or High Water $2.46 Million
- Sausage Party $2.34 Million
For all this and more information please visit Boxofficemojo.com.