Kung Fu Panda 3 fought its way to the top of the box office with an estimated $41.28 million in its first weekend. The Revenant continued its strong box office push and finished in second place with and estimated $12.77 million. Star Wars: The Force Awakens continued to show its strong legs and finished third with $11.11 million for the weekend. TFA has grossed $1.9 billion worldwide for the house of mouse. The box office behemoth will continue to have its sights set on James Cameron's films, Avatar and Titanic, which hold the #1 and #2 spots respectively for highest box office gross of all time.
Other new comers weren't as fortunate as Kung Fu Panda 3. The Finest Hours managed to claim the #4 spot with $10.288 million behind both The Revenant and TFA. While Fifty Shades of Black barely managed to crack the top ten with an estimated $5.9 million. Even worse was Natalie Portman's Jane Got a Gun, which didn't even manage to crack the top ten. Jane Got a Gun finished the weekend with a paltry $835 thousand and crashed into seventeenth place.
View the Top Ten Below:
- Kung Fu Panda 3 $41.28 million
- The Revenant $12.77 million
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens $11.11 million
- The Finest Hours $10.288 million
- Ride Along 2 $8.42 million
- Dirty Grandpa $7.59 million
- The Boy (2016) $7.55 million
- The 5th Wave $7.14 million
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldier of Benghazi $6.27 million
- Fifty Shades of Black $5.9 million
For the full list and more visit BoxOfficeMojo.com.