The Angry Birds Movie managed to take down box office king, Captain America: Civil War (for one week anyway), for the top spot with an estimated $38.15 million in its first weekend. Civil War for its part has already made over $1 billion dollars worldwide and will likely continue building on its fantastic cume in the weeks to come despite competition from Fox's X-Men: Apocalypse.
The other newcomers did not perform nearly as well. Neighbors 2: Sorority rising came in at #3 with an estimated $21.76 million, while The Nice Guys finished at #4 with an estimated 11.2 million. Disney is dominating the box office with three (including Civil War) films in the top ten, The Jungle Book (2016) at #5 and Zootopia at #8 with an estimated $10.94 million and $1.68 million respectively.
- The Angry Birds Movie $38.15 million
- Captain America: Civil War $32.93 million
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising $21.76 million
- The Nice Guys $11.2 million
- The Jungle Book (2016) $10.94 million
- Money Monster $7.01 million
- The Darkness $2.27 million
- Zootopia $1.68 million
- The Huntsman: Winter's War $1.2 million
- Mother's Day $1.13 million
For The Full List and More Visit: BoxOfficeMojo.