Sully managed to soar to the top of the box office for the second straight week with an estimated $21.65 million. Sully claimed the top spot despite competition from three new wide release films. Clint Eastwood's telling of the 'Miracle on the Hudson' has made an estimated $94 million worldwide thus far due to weak competition at the box office.
The newcomers to the box office all did poorly. The horror sequel Blair Witch, the best of the bunch, finished at #2 with an estimated $9.58 million. The Bridget Jones sequel managed to claim the #3 spot with an estimated $8.57 million. Finally Oliver Stone's Snowden claimed the #4 spot with an estimated $8 million. Another slow box office weekend. Hopefully next week brings some life back to the box office with The Magnificent Seven and Storks both seeing wide releases.
- Sully $21.65 Million
- Blair Witch $9.58 Million
- Bridget Jones's Baby $8.57 Million
- Snowden $8 Million
- Don't Breathe $5.64 Million
- When the Bough Breaks $5.48 Million
- Suicide Squad $4.7 Million
- The Wild Life (2016) $2.77 Million
- Kubo and the Two Strings $2.54 Million
- Pete's Dragon (2016) $2.15 Million
For more information please visit Boxofficemojo.com.