The Magnificent Seven managed to wrangle its way to the top of the box office with an estimated $34.7 million. The all star western ensemble cost an estimated $90 million to make, so the jury is still out on whether it will be a dud. Sully, meanwhile, has earned $127 million worldwide. Not bad for a film where a pilot does his job and no one dies.
The only other newcomer, Warner Bros's Storks, finished in second place with an estimated $21.31 million. This has been yet another dismal week at the box office. Next week will see three newcomers to the list, Deepwater Horizon, Masterminds, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. None of those seem like surefire bets to light the box office on fire, but I've been wrong before.
- The Magnificent Seven $34.7 Million
- Storks $21.31 Million
- Sully $12.54 Million
- Bridget Jones's Baby $4.66 Million
- Snowden $4.06 Million
- Blair Witch $4.05 Million
- Don't Breathe $3.77 Million
- Suicide Squad $3.11 Million
- When the Bough Breaks $2.52 Million
- Kubo and the Two Strings $1.12 Million
For more information please visit Boxofficemojo.com.