Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle managed to hold onto its throne for another weekend with an estimated $19.5 million at the box office. The humorous sequel has lit up the box office the past several weeks, and has made an estimated $768 million worldwide. Former box office champ, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, earned $6.56 million for the weekend. Despite mixed reviews from some fans, the film has managed to make 1.296 billion for the House of Mouse.
While the newcomers didn't dethrone Jumanji, two of them did a managed to perform fairly well this weekend. 12 Strong, the Chris Hemsworth war vehicle, finished at #2 with an estimated $15.82 million. Finishing right behind 12 Strong, with an estimated $15.2 million, is the gritty crime thriller, Den of Thieves. Finally, the country music-romance, Forever My Girl, squeaked in at #10 with an estimated $4.25 million.
Next weekend sees the wide release of two major pictures, Maze Runner: The Death Cure, and the Christian Bale western epic, Hostiles.
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle $19.5 Million
- 12 Strong $15.82 Million
- Den of Thieves $15.2 Million
- The Post $11.72 Million
- The Greatest Showman $10.64 Million
- Paddington 2 $8.01 Million
- The Commuter $6.6 Million
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi $6.56 Million
- Insidious: The Last Key $5.87 Million
- Forever My Girl $4.25 Million
For more information visit BoxOfficeMojo.